How to Install Android on PC: detailed guide
Here I will show you to install android your PC. Android x86 (x86 means 32bit).
History of Android x86
The main contributor & brain behind Android x86 project is Chi-Wei Huang who is a firm promoter of free software (FOSS).
Huang currently works as a senior researcher of Core Technology Center in ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Android-x86 is an unofficial initiative to port Google’s Android mobile operating system to run on devices powered by Intel & AMD
x86 processors, rather than RISC-based ARM chips.
The OS is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with some modifications and improvements. Some components are developed by the project which allow it to run on PC architecture.
For instance, some low-level components are replaced to better suit the platform, such as the kernel and HALs. The OS enables Open GL ES hardware acceleration if supported GPUs are detected, including Intel GMA, AMD’s Radeon and Nvidia’s chipsets (Nouveau). Without supported GPUs the OS can also run in non-accelerated mode via software rendering.
Like a normal Linux distribution, the project releases prebuilt ISO images which can run under live mode or install to the harddisks of the target devices. Since the 4.4-r2 the project also releases efi_img which could be used to create a live USB which is bootable from UEFI devices.
He is one of the start members of Software Liberty Association of Taiwan.
The original Android x86 website:http://www.android-x86.org/
Lets start our job:
Here I will be installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on a computer.
Here are the steps:
- Download Android 6.0 x86 ISO Image from here
- Or, download Android 5.1 x86 from here
- Now download Android x86 installer tool from here
- Now open the Android x86 installer tool which you downloaded.
- Now select select the location of the ISO file you downloaded.
- Select drive to install. I recommend avoiding C: Drive use any other drive to install Android.
- Select user data size.Android needs an Internal SD storage to install apps & data.Since we install in a PC, we don’t have SD Card.
- So we actually allot space for an internal SD card. I recommend giving 8GB space for Internal SD storage.
- Done. Now click on Install & Wait for 15 minutes.
- You should see a confirmation after that saying ‘Install complete’
- Now close the tool & restart your computer. You can see the option to boot into Android!
That it guys! You’ve installed Android on your PC, use it just like you use any Android Tablet. 😀 !