Google Chrome Aw Snap errors & common fixes.
You’re browsing through the internet on the Chrome browser, & you click on Website link. It appears to be loading, but all of a sudden Chrome crashes & you get Aw, snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, reload or go to another page. Most probably, you can reload the page & it will load normally.
But what if still it doesn’t? Don’t worry,just follow these fixes. Even I get Aw snap’s while browsing. Some days back, TechBuzzIn also had Aw snap’s. Not only on my computer but on other PCs too. Then I discovered why it happens.
- A slow internet connection.
- Google Chrome uses Google’s DNS resolver cache to speed up domain lookup & page loads. So it tries to prefetch a lot of resources. This can result in sudden increase in browser cache which in turn cause Aw Snaps.
- The first fix is: Reload the page 2-3 times. This fixes the issue for most of them.
- If not, then press Ctrl+F5 to fetch a fresh copy of website ignoring the cached resources.
- Go to History—>Clear Browsing Data—>Beginning of time & Tick all the options EXCEPT PASSWORDS & AUTOFILL FORM DATA. Note that this will take almost 10 seconds to complete. After that go to the same website & check.
- Go to Settings & click Show Advanced Settings. In the Privacy Section, uncheck ‘Use a web service to resolve navigation errors’ & ‘Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly’.
- Check if any Antivirus or Malware blocking sites are trying to block scripts from websites. Disable them only on that website which you think is trusted.
- AND, If none of these fixes work for you, the last fix is there. It’s not recommended, but those who are irritated by Aw snap can Create a new user profile for Chrome. THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR CHROME SETTINGS & DELETE EXTENSIONS YOU DOWNLOADED from Chrome Web Store.
- Close Chrome & Open Windows Explorer. In the address bar, paste this : %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- In the list of files that come up, delete the folder Default. This cannot be reversed!! Now open Chrome, you can see that all your browser settings are rest to defaults. The Aw snap error is also gone.
That’s it! Comment if this worked well for you!